Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Pin It
Every so often I buy some bananas, with every intention of eating them of course, but it doesn't end up happening.
They always sit on my counter and never get touched.
In hopes of never wasting any bananas again, I turned to the internet to find an amazing recipe for banana bread.
I found this recipe from Rachel Ray and decided to give it a try. I did change a few things, and it turned out delicious!
I really like that it only makes 1 loaf of bread since I'm really the only one that eats it, and I end up scarfing it down within a day or two....anyways, on to the recipe!
Ingredients
1/2 c. applesauce
1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
3 bananas, mashed
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350. 
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Once combined, mix in the applesauce, bananas, and eggs. Make sure to just mix until combined, don't over-mix. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour into a greased bread pan.
Bake for about 55-65 min or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. 
Let cool for a few minutes in the bread pan and then transfer loaf to a cooling rack.
After the loaf has cooled I like to wrap it in tinfoil for storage, it helps keep the outside of the bread nice and moist as well.
And that's it!

For a printable version of this recipe, click here.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there. Thanks for sharing. Just wondering if I could double the ingredients and make them into muffins? Also take out the apple sauce? Thank you. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you could double it. The recipe originally calls for oil, I changed it out for the applesauce, so yes, that would work as well!

      Delete
  2. Yum! That looks amazing! Thanks for sharing it! I may try to make this as soon as my extra weight is gone - lol! I am following you form Lets Be Friends - you can follow me back at Annster's Domain
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...