Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

An Easy Halloween Breakfast

Pin It
I know Halloween was already almost a whole week ago, but I am finally just getting around to this post...that might tell you how crazy my week has been!
Holidays are so much more fun with kids!
My son was so super excited for Halloween, and the night before (yeah procrastinator I know...) I decided I wanted to make his breakfast a little special to start the day off right.
Since my decision was so last minute, I didn't have a lot of prep time.
This is what I came up with.

So first thing in the morning I whipped up a batch of pancakes from an old recipe I've used forever.
My husband once made chocolate chip pancakes for my son, and he loved them, so I decided to make a pumpkin face out of chocolate chips.
It doesn't look as glamorous as it did in my head, but it still worked!
For the 'ghost milk' I just grabbed a glass cup and painted on a face with black acrylic craft paint.
*Let the paint dry completely so little fingers don't get dirty!
(And don't worry folks, the paint was super easy to clean off. I just ran it under water for a second and wiped it off with my fingers.)
The most important note is my son's reaction.
He LOVED it!
He loved it so much, the next day he asked for 'pumpkin orange juice', and even though Halloween was technically over, I had to give in :)
This was such a hit that I think we'll have to do it again next year!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute. I typically just do the ghost french toast. This is fun for something new to try. I'll keep it in mind for next year;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...