Search This Blog

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Spinach & Parmesan Quinoa

Pin It

I don't really ever remember eating spinach growing up.
I do remember people always hated it in the cartoons and kids shows though.
I honestly don't know why that is.
I happen to love it.
I make this recipe probably once every other week. It's great to throw in the mix for a meatless meal that's still packed with protein, and it's super easy to throw together!

Ingredients
1/3 white onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 c. quinoa
2 c. (1 can) chicken broth (I've also done 1 c. water and 1 c. chicken broth)
2-3 handfuls baby spinach (you can roughly chop them)
2/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
salt
pepper
olive oil
After you've chopped the onion and garlic, lightly drizzle a pan with the olive oil and saute the onion and garlic for a few minutes over medium heat.
Add the quinoa and season with a little salt and pepper and saute for another 2 min. stirring frequently.
Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 15-18 minutes (until liquid is absorbed).
You can roughly chop the spinach or leave it as is.
Once the Quinoa is cooked, add the spinach and stir it all together until the spinach wilts.
Stir in the parmesan cheese and serve.
I hope you enjoy!
Recipe adapted from here.

3 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds sooooooooooooooooo good. Thanks for the recipe. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that will go live this afternoon. www.astrollthrulife.net Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made this for dinner for a group of vegetarian friends and they loved it! Thanks for the awesome recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried these tonight they were great even my husband liked them.

    Mica
    Best Reviews for Land For Sale in Alaska raw

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...