Search This Blog

Friday, April 18, 2014

15 Minute Burp Cloths

Pin It
I am in love with these burp cloths.
They are so quick and easy to make, and can we just say, adorable?!
If you remember, a few weeks ago, I did a post for DIY Reversible Bibs.
Check out that post for a free template for the bibs. Once you are done with that, you use the same fat quarter and make a matching burp cloth!

These make great gifts for a new mom or mom-to-be.
The burp cloth is long enough to cover the front and back of the shoulder area, which keeps all of the spit-up from getting on her cute outfit...or heaven forbid, in her hair.
Yes. Those have both happened to me because the burp cloths I was using weren't big enough.
Alright, let's see how easy it is to whip these up!
Just like with the bibs, I just used a fat quarter and a towel. I picked up a plain white towel on clearance for $1.97.
Cut the towel and fabric 6" x 13 1/2"
Turn the fabric over and pin it right side down onto the towel.
 Next, I just sewed a straight-stitch all around the burp cloth.
Make sure to leave a 2-3" opening.
Pulling itself through the opening, turn the burp cloth right side out.
 Fold the edges in where you have the opening, and pin it closed.
 Close up the opening with a zig-zag stitch, and continue the stitch around the entire burp cloth to give it a nice finish.
And that's it!!
Here are 3 that I've made for an upcoming baby shower.
 I just need to wrap a bow around these and add it to the bag of goodies for the mom-to-be :)
*Update: I have recorded a step-by-step video as another way to show you how to whip these burpcloths, check it out and let me know what you think!

7 comments:

  1. I love how easy these are! I would LOVE for you to share it at our craft and recipe party!

    Have a great day!
    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be a nice project to even try with my oldest daughter to teach her how to sew.
    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great! Wonderful gift idea! And as simple as they are to make - they would be lovely donations to the local pregnancy support group. Thank you for sharing! Visiting from the link-up.

    Beckey
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/queenbsbusywork
    http://reallyreallyrealhousewives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial! I'd love to see you join us at the Inspire Us Thursdays link party on www.theinspiredwren.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your link on Wordy Wednesday- these are Sssssoooo much cuter than my standard 'ole burp cloths I make for preggo friends!!! I can't wait to do it your way next time! Thanks for sharing, and the inspiration!
    Alicia @ adventuresatnaptime.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable. Glad you shared how-to! Thanks for sharing at Happiness is Homemade :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute, and even I could make them with my limited sewing skills! They would make a fabulous gift, too. Pinning!

    Thanks for linking up at Wordy Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...