My beautiful little chunky baby is 7 1/2 months old already!
It's true :( it's going by so quickly.
After I had my first son I held onto everything.
I knew I would be using it all again.
There are a couple of things I didn't use as much with my first that I am constantly using with my second. I had received some bibs during my first pregnancy where there is fabric on one side and a towel on the other. Well, my second baby is a drooler :). He is always sucking or chomping on everything, and his shirts get kind of soaked. So, I have been using those towel/fabric bibs, but I only had 2.
These bibs are the best for catching drool, so I decided I needed to make some more for myself.
I was at my parent's house a couple of weeks ago and my mom and I went through some of her fabric stashes.
I grabbed a bunch of fat quarters, and I had a plan in mind.
I also had an older towel on hand that was kind of a weird size, not small enough to be a hand towel, and too small to be a body towel. So, I thought I would cut it up :). No sense in good fabric going to waste!
Here's the stash of fat quarters I found at my mom's house along with the other supplies needed.
(I got 2 bibs from 1 fat quarter)
- fat quarters
- bib template (download it here for free)
I actually didn't wash the fabric before I started, and I didn't have any problems with it.
I've even washed the bibs in the washing machine twice now and they've held their shape and everything perfectly.
So I first folded the fabric in half and cut out the shape of the bib.
I then unfolded the fabric to make sure I liked the size.
Next, I pinned the fabric right side down on the towel.
Cut around the towel and you're ready to sew.
Sew around the whole bib, but make sure to leave a small opening (maybe about 2") at the bottom so you are able to turn the bib right side out.
Pull the bib through the small opening.
After turning the bib right-side out this is what it will look like.
Take the opening and just fold the fabric and towel in and pin it closed.
I then did a zigzag stitch around the whole bib, and that's how I closed up the opening.
The next step is to add the velcro.
Make sure the pieces of velcro are on opposite sides of the bib so it can attach over top of itself...if that makes sense...
I then just quickly sewed around the velcro just to make sure it wasn't going anywhere.
Here is my happy little man modeling one of his new bibs for us :)
I LOVE how fast and easy these were to whip up. I think it took me about 20-25 minutes per bib, and that was with my older son helping me.
I've already made a few more bibs since taking these pictures, and I will be doing a post about matching burp cloths soon, so stay tuned!