Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fine motor activity

Pin It
Hello everyone!
Hope you are all having a great week :)
Thanksgiving is just 1 week away! Can you believe it??
I am very excited to be able to see family for the holiday, nothing beats that!

Today I've got an awesome activity for the littles.

I actually made this for my son probably a year or so ago, but with our big move 2 months ago, it got thrown away.
The other day my son asked to do this activity again, and it was great because it didn't cost me anything to make it again, I already had everything on hand! 
Yay!
I love this activity because it promotes fine motor skills, and counting.
(Just a side note, I tried to find the blog I got the idea from, but to no avail. If you are out there, sorry I can't link back to you, but thanks for the idea!)
Supplies
empty egg carton
scissors
marker
tweezers
popcorn kernels (or small beads, nuts, etc).
 To start, cut off the top of the egg carton,
 then write numbers in each spot from 1-12.
Place the popcorn kernels on a table, and using the tweezers, have your child pick up a kernel and place it in the carton. They'll put 1 kernel in the #1 spot, 2 kernels in #2, 3 in #3, etc. 
 Hope your little one enjoys!
And, have a great holiday :)

10 comments:

  1. that's a very clever idea, Michelle, in many ways. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'll head over and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I am going to remember this for the future.

    Thanks for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Leslie
    www.violetimperfection.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did something very similar to this but used an ice cube tray!
    Free, learning activities...love them!
    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection. Please come back Friday to see if you were featured! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea for little ones :) Great activity!

    Thanks for partying with us at Keep Calm & Link Up last week! Our party is starting a tad later this Thursday evening at 9 PM EST! Come join us when you get a chance sometime this weekend...can't wait to see what you've been working on!
    xo, Meredith @ www.waittilyourfathergetshome.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, we have been slackin in our preschool activities. This would be a good one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, this is really good idea, will be trying it out as well. It doesn't seem to be that hard as well. Thank you for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an interesting game and it will be fun to play not just kids but elders too will like it. I think it could be a best thanksgiving gift to your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...