Tuesday, July 3, 2012

How to Clean Your Couch

Pin It
A long time ago we paid to have our couches cleaned professionally.  It was pretty pricey, and took a VERY long time.  After a while they started to get dirty again, surprise!  Well, one day I came home, I don't even recall where I was, and I was greeted with a wonderful surprise, my husband had taken it upon himself to clean our couches.  He had what I considered a genius idea.  He took Shout, a scrub brush, and hot water and cleaned the couches completely.  It was amazing.  It's been almost a year or since then, and the couches again were looking like they needed some TLC.  I didn't have Shout, but I did have Resolve, since they are both stain removers for laundry, I figured they would have the same end result.  (The toothbrush is so my son could help me clean the cushions, he loves to do what we're doing).
I tried to get good pictures of how dirty the cushions looked...

 So, you take your stain remover and spray all over the cushions, then dip your scrub brush in the hot water, and start scrubbing!
 Here is my son in his pj's demonstrating for us :) 
Scrub until the cushion looks like the one pictured below.  After scrubbing I put the cushions outside in the sunshine to dry, (I only do that so it will be done faster).  Once it's dry you're done!  For the remaining part of the couch, the armrests and back, which you can't obviously take off, do the same thing, just spray and scrub.  It won't dry as quickly because it's not outside, but it still works beautifully!
My son wanted to take a picture of the couch all clean, here it is...
P.S. our couch is suede fabric.

You might also like my post about cleaning your car mats found here.  I used the same method on the car mats as I did for the couches.

8 comments:

  1. I have been using baby wipes which work fairly well too,but I may try this as well now!! Your little boy is quite the helper:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. If there's a fresh spill on the couch I'll grab a baby wipe as well to wipe it up. Baby wipes are a life-saver :)

      Delete
  2. Great idea, we're heading out of town this weekend so I'll be trying this before we leave so the couch can dry while we're gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an awesome idea! The nice thing is the stain removers don't have really strong toxic smells, they have a nice light 'clean' fragrance, so when you come back you'll be welcomed with the smell of clean :) That's always a nice treat!

      Delete
    2. Very nice treat! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. How To Remove a Stain from a Sofa step by step guide
    #removestainfromasofa
    https://youtu.be/398rTxZNx94
    Please don't forget to subscribe after watching this video, if it looks good to you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...