Tuesday, December 9, 2014

No-bake Chocolate Cookies

Pin It
These are one of my husband's favorite cookies.
I had actually never had these cookies until one day my son and I were baking and my husband requested these.
I searched Pinterest and found a recipe.
These are so easy to make!
I have made these no-bake cookies for baby blessings, family get-togethers, and holidays.
I love that I can make them in advance and they stay delicious!
Since these cookies are also gluten-free, it's nice to have them for those who won't be able to eat other desserts.

Ingredients
1/2 c. unsalted butter
2 c. white sugar
a little more than 1/2 c. milk
4 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 c. peanut butter
3 c. oats (I use the old fashioned, but you can use the quick ones as well)
2 tsp. vanilla

In a saucepan over medium heat bring butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder to a boil.
Boil for about 1 min. stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and add peanut butter, oats, and vanilla.
Stir it all together.
Using two spoons, drop mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
Let cool until set.
(I sometimes stick them in the refrigerator if I need them to harden faster).
And that's it!

For a printable version of this recipe click here.
Recipe adapted from One More Moore

3 comments:

  1. These biscuits looks perfect and I can bet that they are absolutely delicious. Looks very easy to make. Thanks for sharing.
    Carpet cleaning Eltham

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE no-bake chocolate and peanut butter cookies! Thanks for sharing this recipe - I think my recipe card is all tattered and torn so I need to make a new one. I'll write this one down to use the next time we make a batch of our favorite cookies. Stopping by from the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop - hope to catch up with you again next week! Nina @ Vintage Mama's Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...