Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Our Little Herb Garden

Pin It
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Miracle-Gro for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
Back when we lived in Utah we had a garden, and we loved it! It was so nice picking fresh tomatoes and other veggies on a daily basis.
When we first moved into our apartment here in California I noticed right away we had this ledge right above the sink with lots of sunshine coming through the window, and I knew I wanted to grow some herbs.
A couple of weeks ago my son and I picked up our supplies to get started. We got seeds for Parsley, Cilantro, and Rosemary. We also got three little pots and a bag of Miracle-Gro Potting Mix. It was so easy to get started! We just filled our little pots with dirt about 3/4 full, then dropped in a couple of seeds, we covered the seeds up with some more dirt, gave them a little drink of water. I then had my son make little 'labels' so we would remember which was which, and then placed the pots on the ledge.
 photo DSC_0338_zps1b9832b8.jpg

 photo DSC_0337_zpsc52c28a2.jpg
I've never grown herbs from seed before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It said on the pack the seeds would take around 14 days to sprout. My son was so excited, he would check the pots each morning. Well, thanks to  the Miracle Gro soil we had purchased we actually had sprouts within 4 days!
 photo DSC_0339_zps5d437dc7.jpg
And now, less than 2 weeks later the sprouts are 6" tall!
Miracle Gro has a Pinterest page where you can check out fun garden projects to help give you ideas so you as well can get started on your own project, they also have a Facebook page, The Gro Project where you can keep up to date with all of the new ideas as well. Be sure to check both of those out! 
To learn more about The Gro Project check out the video below

Now go and get started on your own project, it's easier than you think to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...